Liability Waiver | Kayak and / or Hike Tour
Important: This is a legal document. Please read this document prior to signing. If you have any questions, please ask.
Footprint Nature Explorations Ltd. has done everything possible to assure our participants a safe, educational and fun experience. We wish to inform our participants that kayak and hiking tours can lead to injury or in extreme cases to permanent trauma or death. We don’t want to reduce or heighten your enthusiasm for the experience, but we want you to know in advance what to expect and to be informed of the various risks. We ask that you read this, sign it, and return it prior to venturing on your experience.
Explanation of Inherent Risk for Footprint Nature Explorations Ltd.
- Kayak and hiking activities involve the use of equipment and physical skills of the participant that may cause injury. Participants may be on difficult terrain or rough seas where they will be exposed to some risks. There is the possibility that the participant could fall or tip into the water. The participant could sustain bruises, be susceptible to hypothermia and / or other inherent injuries.
- Accidents can occur while hiking, walking or driving to and from the site.
- Hiking trails are often steep, rocky and slippery.
- Exposure to the natural elements can be uncomfortable and / or harmful.
- Heat-sunburn, dehydration, heat exhaustion, heatstroke and heat cramps can occur.
- Rapid changes in weather, wind, tides, currents, fog, rain, and various marine conditions may occur.
- <Camping, outdoor living, sleeping on the ground, using portable toilet facilities, eating meals out-of-doors, being in the open (more or less) for the extended periods may cause discomfort and / or problems.
- It is also possible that some participants would suffer mental anguish or trauma from the experience.
- As a result of any of the above-mentioned items; trips may be delayed, late, postponed or cancelled. This list is not an exclusive or exhaustive list to possible injuries, trauma or accidents that may occur to you while out with Footprint Nature Explorations Ltd.
I certify that my family, including minor children, and I am fully capable of participating in the activities. I state that I have read the above statement on some of the possible risks in these activities. Therefore, I assume full responsibility for myself, my family including minor children, for bodily injury, death and loss of personal property and any expenses as a result of my negligence of my family, or negligence to Footprint Nature Explorations Ltd.
I fully understand that Footprint Nature Explorations Ltd. reserves the right to refuse any person it judges to be incapable of meeting the rigors and requirements of participating in the activities. I am in good physical condition and able to undertake this activity.
Initial contract please:
Contract, Waiver and Release
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Footprint Nature Explorations Ltd., their agents and employees
from any and all claims, damages, losses, injuries and expenses arising out of or resulting from participating
in these activities. I further agree to release, acquit and covenant not to sue Footprint Nature Explorations,
their agents and employees for any and all actions of Footprint Nature Explorations Ltd. or myself, my
family, my heirs.
I have adequate health-, disability- and life insurance for myself and my family. I hereby give permission
to transportation to any medical facility or hospital and I authorize for emergency medical care for myself
and my family.